What is GLX?
GIX coated steel is produced by alloying the Aluminum (55%) and Zinc, Magnesium (43.4 %) and Silicone(1.6%) then hot dipping it on a steel sheet. It is designed to be suitable for the applications requiring high corrosion resistance.
With the addition of magnesium, promoting generation of Simonkolleite(Zn5(OH)8CI2H2O) layer which makes significant delay, upto 5 times better than plain PPGI/PPGL, of corrosion of zinc coated layer
This warranty covers supporting structures located in places with a normal atmospheric corrosivity category and exposed to moderately corrosive emissions. Seller exclusively Corporation warrants that, subject to the following provisions, Seller’s Hot-dipped zinc-aluminum alloy coated GIX sheet steel, if erected within the classification of atmospheric corrosivity C1-C3* will not rupture, fall structurally of perforate within a period of 25years after shipment from our mill as a result of corrosion caused by exposure to normal atmospheric conditions.
*C1/2/3:1000 to 5000 Meters from sea shore Extent of the warranty
- Georoof’s liability under this warranty shall be exclusively limited, at the discretion of Georoof, either to the cost of repairing any faulty parts.
- Under no circumstances shall Georoof be liable for labour costs or other costs incurred due to the faulty material/fixing or, for repairing direct or indirect damage caused by the faulty parts.
- The warranty covers all products shipped from the date of issue of this warranty certificate. Georoof reserves the right to modify the terms of the warranty at any time, with the exception of coils already delivered or orders already placed.
- This warranty shall not apply in the event of damage caused during transportation.
- This warranty applies only to building parts installed on buildings within India. This Warranty will automatically expire upon any change or transfer of ownership of the property is originally installed
- This warranty on GIX is not valid;
- For assemblies with other parts, which may contribute to keeping pollution or moisture on surface
- For welded assemblies, if a fault occurs within an area less than 50mm from the welds and if the weld seams are not protected after welding and not regularly inspected,
- For assemblies that involve adhesive bonding of GLX to itself or to other materials,
- Where surface comes into contact with the soil and
- This warranty applies only to applications where GLX surface is left as it is, any surface treatment, additional coating or painting results in the loss of this warranty.
- The visual appearance of the cut edges and discoloration of GLX surface due to run-off from cut edges or adjacent parts (made of any material) is not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty against corrosion is not valid for locations exposed to high abrasion
- We are not responsible and provide no Warranty Benefits, for any damage or condition resulting from circumstances beyond our control, including any of the following:
- Acts of God, falling objects, explosions, fire, external forces or other such similar or dissimilar circumstances beyond Georoof’s control;
- Harmful fumes or foreign substances in the atmosphere, or salt spray;
Maintenance The entire installation is to be annually maintained in order to remove any deposits of dirt, leaves and other debris that can hinder the free drainage of water, and the internal and external parts of the installation are to be given and additional wash. The Clients must check that the cleaning process and detergents used do not damage GLX coating. Construction rules To ensure the warranty applies the following rules.
- The slope of any surface shall be inclined at least 45 degrees in order to allow water to drain off.
- Fasteners shall not contain any copper or lead parts in direct contact with GLX products, or any material liable to cause corrosive run-off onto GLX product. They shall be suitably shaped to prevent any local indentation of GIX product, which may prevent rainwater from draining off freely.
- Forming shall occur without subjecting GIX product to high tensile stress or alternating bending stress.
- GLX products that have sustained mechanical or chemical damage during forming, transportation, storage or assembly shall not be used. Parts that sustain damage after assembly shall be replaced before construction work comes to an end.
- All contact with wet insulation materials, impregnated timber and other corrosive products to be avoided.
- GLX which has been damaged due to moisture entrapment in coils and/or bundles during transit or storage or which has been stored or installed in such a way that allows standing water on the coating;
- Use only proper cutting tools for cutting the sheet
- After fitting, all tools, debris and miscellaneous items must be removed. Pencil or pen marks and any other type of marking must be removed.